Applications and Deadlines
Form of Applications
No forms need be filled out in order to apply; a letter application is sufficient. This letter should:
The Foundation will consider only one request from an organization in a calendar year.
- be in writing (no emails), in duplicate (2 copies), have all pages numbered and include a contact name and address
- except as stated in 4 below, be addressed to: E. Rhodes and Leona B. Carpenter Foundation, 1735 Market Street, Suite 3420, Philadelphia, PA 19103
- begin with a maximum 50-word description of the project and the amount of funding requested
- include a brief history and the purpose of the requesting organization and a fuller description of the specific project for which funding is requested
- include a detailed budget for that project, including any charges for general administrative overhead
- have enclosed (i) one copy of the requesting organization's financial statements for its current and immediately preceding fiscal year; (ii) one copy of the organization's IRS ruling that it is described in Internal Revenue Code Section 501(c)(3) and is not a private foundation under Code Section 509(a); and (iii) if the organization is required to file Federal Form 990, one copy of the organization's most recently filed Form.
The Foundation Board generally meets in the spring and in the autumn. Applications must be postmarked or private carrier dated on or before January 31 to be considered at the spring meeting and on or before July 15 for the autumn meeting.